Selasa, 05 Agustus 2008

Who comes first, God or Religion? or you don't need both?

I am reading one of the Karens Amstrong's book title "Sejarah Tuhan"/ The History of God. I just red the first chapter last night which talk about what Plato, Socrates, etc opinion about the entity call "God". Then my mind flew back to one of my favourite class in college: The philosophy of science with the amazing lecture named Mas Nur. I remember him telling us about nomenon, phenomenon, or something which is highly corelated with what I red that night. Then late at night I sms my friend and voila, the right answer arrived.

Imanuel Kant said about Ding an sich (thing in itself). If I'm not mistaken my lecture said that threre is no absolute thing called nomenon, but there is phenomenon (the one which is observable) to at least come closer to nomenon.

Is God absolute? Is religion a way to explain God? Does God create religion or religion creates God? As a matter of fact... during the history of human being there are so many religion, come and go, raised and diminished, and they all have different God. Yehova, Marbuk, Zeus, Allah, Jesus are some of few example. Which one is true? The answer depends on whether or not you believe in God. Some of my friend said that they do not believe in God because God can not be explained by logic. even if there is a God, then God is not a nice entity because the world is not a nice place. Is that true?

Many followers of religions conduct some religion practice in order to get closer to God. But where is God? Nirvana? Sky? Sea? Heaven (so who is in hell then?If God is in heaven and evil is in hell, does it mean that God and evil have an equal position for having a location under separate jurisdiction?)

Why do I pray 5 times a day then? First because I was told since I was a baby that as a moslem praying is the right thing to do. Now I am 25 and do I still think that praying is the right thing to do? One of citation in a book called the Atheist bible said that the one who have religion and lives happier than the one who doesn't have one is equal to a drunken person who is happier than a sober person. One of my friend said that the good thing of having religion is because we have something to hang on, somewhere to go, or is a very deperate circumstance, something to blame for any misarable thing happen to us. huahahahahaha.

I have found God before. where? in me, in my body, in my soul, in my spirit. I lost him/her sometimes. I left him/her consicously ur unconciously sometimes. Walking far away.... get back when I feel I need to. But I want to find him/her again, again, and again. Why? Because when I found God in me, I feel that I'm home.

3 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

Never thought of it before, but i agree that we can always find God in ourselves and that having religion let us have something to blame for anything bad happen to us. well, that`s how i always survive :) God has something better for us, God is just testing us and he loves us for that, God wants to remove our sins, etc, etc, etc... Ain`t it nice to have God?

Anonim mengatakan...

Speaking about God, it tickles the back of my mind when I remember the words we often say to people: "Thank You so Much for your kindness/help. May God bless you in return."

Aneh ya. Kita yang dibantu orang lain, tapi Tuhan yg disuruh "bayarin" buat kita.

Atau, kita dagang sama Tuhan. Eh Tuhan, saya berbuat baik ya, tapi in return saya minta tolong supaya usaha saya lancar, enteng jodo, pinter sekolah, etc.

Like Kant Said, Thing in itself. Tuhan ada dalam Tuhan.

Anonim mengatakan...

The Sunrise Ruby

In the early morning hour,
just before dawn, lover and beloved wake and take a drink of water.

She ask, "Do you love me or yourself more?
Really, tell the absolute truth."

He says, "There’s nothing left of me.I’m like a ruby held up to the sunrise.Is it still a stone, or a world made of redness? It has no resistance to sunlight."

This is how Hallaj said, I am God, and told the truth!

The ruby and the sunrise are one.Be courageous and discipline yourself.

Completely become hearing and ear,and wear this sun-ruby as an earring.

Work. Keep digging your well.Don’t think about getting off from work.
Water is there somewhere.

Submit to a daily practice.Your loyalty to that is a ring on the door.

Keep knocking, and the joy inside
will eventually open a window and look out to see who’s there.

'Rumi'