Jumat, 08 Agustus 2008

The most frequently situations faced by 25 years old Fitri

I am now 25 years old, having a Bachelor of Politics in International Relations, Master Degree in bussiness, a good job (Not one of the biggest MNC in the world every MBA degree wants to joint with, but at least it's fun, full of joy and I work with smile), and rent my own studio wannabe to live in Jakarta (despite that the water is on and off). Unfortunately, according to the parameter of Indonesian culture, those are not enough, simply because I am single.

On one of my blogwalking, I red one of my hih school friend said: I went to a baby shop to buy gift for my niece. Those baby girl clothes are so cute and I want to dress my future baby girl. Oooo when would I have my own baby girl? (btw, according to her fs status, she is single). On the next friendster or facebook walking this friend was married last week, that friend put his baby boy picture, A is engaged, B is preparing for pre wedding photos, etc.

I come from Bandung, and I go there once every two weeks to visit my Mom. AND, once every two weeks my mom will ask: Do you have a boy friend already? I said no. In the next two weeks: The same question, the same answer. In the next two weeks: The same question, the same answer. In the next two weeks: Stop asking Mom! I don't have any boy friend yet and I'll let you know if I have one! Until my mom said: Go look for one. I'll give you two years to look for a boyfriend. At the age 27, I hope you'll have someone to marry with when you're 30 (as if I only need to go to supermarket, pick one boy from the shelf, go to the cashier, pay and bring it home). As a matter of fact, those repeated questions were being asked by a very educated mother who spent only three years in elementary school, went to law faculty, has visited many countries in the world, remembering world histories as if remembering her own life, etc, etc. I expect her to understand mooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee. Well, at least the deadline is 30 years old. Maybe I'll have somekind of death penalty if I'm still single at 30, hehehehe. kidding mom!

Attending a family gathering will bring me to a similar situation, similar question. As a bonus, my uncles, autns, cousins, etc will ask: Hey.... I know a boy who bla...bla...bla... I think he's gonna be suitable for you, bla...bla...bla.... I'll introduce you to him. >_<

Ladies...Gentlemen.......... STOP RIGHT THERE. BE PATIENT! Living as a spinster would be my very very last option. So, don't worry, getting married will be part of my plan. You guys said that destiny is on God's hands so with who our soulmate will be. If the time is arrived, maybe my soulmate will fall down in front of my room sent by a helicopter.

BUT bugging me with the same questions, nagging me with the same curiosity are annoying. I am now preparing my first backpacking travel, enthusiastic with my first salsa class, satisfied with the experiences I had from a small "research" I made, dreaming of working in Papua, and writing every culinary trip I had to make my name sounds familiar among the foodism. Sooner or later than those things, the time for me being involved in serious love relations will come. I am only waiting for the best to come. For the one who will fly with me to the dreamland of ours.

3 komentar:

Unknown mengatakan...

The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.
-Rumi

Anonim mengatakan...

Like the measles, love is most dangerous when it comes late in life.

Lord Byron

anu mengatakan...

yes, eventually you'll met someone, but it takes effort to take him into your life, takes even more effort to keep him..